Most people only get married once, which is why your wedding day photos need to be perfect! You want them to capture those precious and happy moments, so finding a wedding photographer who can deliver on just that is a must.
If you have no clue on where to start searching for a photographer, you may want to contact a local wedding planner. Undoubtedly, a planner would have worked with at least a few good photographers and should therefore be able to source one for you or provide a recommendation. Maybe you know someone who just recently wed? Why not take a look at their wedding photos, and if you like them ask for the photographer’s contact details.
Below, I’ve put together a list of 15 essential questions to ask your wedding photographer to find out whether they’re the best match for you!
- How would you define your style and approach?
- What are your rates and do you have a payment process i.e., deposit, installments, etc.?
- What is included in your rate? i.e. custom albums, USB key, retouching etc.
- How many images will we receive?
- How long will you take photos for on our wedding day?
- Do you provide a second shooter?
- Are you able to shoot a mixture of Black & White and Coloured images?
- Would you be able to incorporate some shots we have in mind? Is there an extra fee for this?
- How will you supply our images? e.g., CD, prints etc.
- What contingency plans do you have in case something goes wrong? e.g., camera fault, inclement weather, you become unwell
- Do you have insurance?
- Do you have any former clients we can contact for references?
- Can we have a look at a copy of your contract?
- Are you willing to travel?
- How can we book you as our photographer?
Aleeka Events provide Wedding Planning and Event Styling services, and are located in the UK. We specialise in creating a chic, stylish and luxe aesthetic for savvy couples with impeccable tastes. We also specialise in West African wedding planning services for those who wish to infuse their culture and traditions into their wedding day. Each event is bespoke and personalised to you! Want to know more? Get in touch now for a complimentary consultation over here.
Image Credit: Le Secret d'Audrey